The Exercise Clinic, situated in Crows Nest, provides Chronic Disease Management and Exercise Physiology Services specialising in the management, rehabilitation and prevention of chronic and complex conditions. Our collaborative approach aims to support individuals to achieve and maintain lifestyle habits which optimise health and quality of life.
The Clinic employs university-qualified Exercise Physiologists and Exercise Specialists who work together to assess, prescribe and deliver exercise-based programs which optimise health outcomes. Exercise Physiologists provide support for clients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health problems, cancer, arthritis, pulmonary disease and more.
Our Exercise Physiologists can help with:
- Persistent pain caused by injury or overuse
- Improving heart health
- Rehabilitation following a cardiac event
- Controlling your diabetes
- Preventing pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes
- Improving your recovery following cancer treatment
- Improving your general health and wellbeing.
- Our Exercise Physiology and Chronic Disease Management Services include:
- Physical and functional assessment
- Monitored exercise programs in a safe and supportive environment
- Lifestyle modification and self-management support
- Behavioural modification strategies
- On-going review consultations
- Regular communication and reporting to medical professionals
“The difference is the expertise of the staff. The exercise physiologists are true professionals, applying their up to date knowledge to design an exercise program for each client which is catered on his/her needs and limitations. Having designed a program, the exercise physiologist set realistic goals, which they then motivate their clients to achieve by close personal support and encouragement.”
– (Dr) Keith H
Medicare & Health Fund Rebates Available